Shining Stars Christmas Appeal 2016
As the winter season approaches and our thoughts turn to celebrations, remembrance and thanks, Southampton Hospital Charity would like to give you the opportunity to make a special dedication.
Shining Star Christmas Appeal
We invite you to dedicate a Shining Star to celebrate the life of someone who can't be with us at this time, or write a personal message of thanks to a friend, relative, hospital individual or team.
Your Shining Star could buy...
- £10 Mince pies, tea and coffee for daily activities with our elderly care patients
- £30 Christmas presents for our paediatric patients in hospital over Christmas
- £50 Fitness ball and mat for our physiotherapist and rehabilitation teams
- £100 Sensory equipment for the paediatric emergency department
- £250 Touch sensitive buzzers for our spinal services to use with their paralysed patients
Remember, a donation doesn't have to be large to make a difference - just give what you can. Please support our Shining Stars Christmas Appeal today.
You can write a cheque payable to Southampton Hospital Charity, text STAR03 £10 to 70070, or make your dedication online at www.memorygiving.com/shiningstars2016
We would like to take this time to thank you for your continued support, and wish you and your family a peaceful Christmas and New Year.
All dedications we receive will be displayed on the charity website and on the charity noticeboard along C level just off the main retail area at Southampton General Hospital.
Christmas Carol Service
Join us for our annual Shining Stars Carol Service on Thursday 8 December 2016 from 7.30pm at St James Church, Southampton, SO15 5LW.
Bring your family and friends and experience an evening of carols and seasonal refreshments to really get you in the festive spirit!
Alternatively, you can make a donation to our Shining Stars Christmas Appeal by texting STAR03 £10 to 70070 from your mobile today.
Our Christmas cards and kits are now ready to buy for the start of the Christmas season. All our cards come in packs of 10 with envelopes. These can be bought online from our shop: www.southamptonhospitalcharity.org/shop.
Our Christmas cards for 2016 are:
- Christmas Buttons – This modern card features buttons and ribbons in the shape of a Christmas tree, with the words Happy Christmas on the front. It is a welcome addition to our Christmas stock, and fits in perfectly with our stars branding!
- Robin & Holly – Our cheeky little red breasted robin is standing on a snow covered fence post by the holly, in a country setting with a church in the background.
- Christmas Delivery - This card features Santa climbing amongst the roofs of London delivering his presents, with snow falling around him. The card is matt, with gold glitter detailing around the lights of the Christmas tree and windows.
- Snowmen’s party – SOLD OUT – This card is a jolly celebration with the snowmen having a great time partying in the snow! So much so, the cards have danced their way out of our offices and into the hands of many of our supporters!
- The Village Shop - This alluring design is our new personalised card this year with a wintery village scene, featuring Southampton Hospital Charity as the name of the shop sign, and our logo has also been placed on the shop door.
- The Nativity - This attractive card captures the nativity scene perfectly with the birth of Jesus, three kings, and shepherds. It features the words “I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people.”
Additional Christmas Packs:
- Classmate packs – Each pack contains 30 cards, with five cards of six different designs. This also includes a teacher’s card so you can thank them for the work done this term!
- Santa kit – Each pack contains a letter to Santa with envelope, reindeer food and a ‘Santa stop’ door hanger.
- Reindeer food – Kids love this magical mixture of glitter and oats. Sprinkle the reindeer food on Christmas Eve to guide Santa’s sleigh to your home, and help the reindeer on their way.
THANK YOU to our 2016 supporters: