How has the charity used your money
The charity offers staff an annual grant of £20,000 raised through the lottery profit so that staff can submit ideas for improvements in their areas for patients.
Some recent purchases have included:
- Wessex neurology theatre art and design project
- Helicopter simulation
- Portable slit lamp for the diabetic retinal screening service
- Lockable medication pods for the maternity units
- 'Dementia friendly' care in the emergency department
- TENS machines, pads and patient leaflets for the chronic pain department
- Additional patient wheelchairs
- The charity paid for the TV and phone service over the Christmas and New Year period in 2013 so patients could keep in touch with friends and family for free
Thank you for making a real difference today.