Gifts for patients
Southampton Hospital Charity would like to give you the opportunity to make a difference to someone in hospital. There are many times throughout the year, such as Easter and Christmas, where patients would appreciate a small gift so they know that somebody is thinking about them.
The smallest of gestures can make a real difference to our patients.
Year-round we are in need of tea, coffee and biscuits for adult and elderly care clinics, as well as craft materials for use in our Southampton Children’s Hospital.
Unfortunately we cannot take any second hand items - we apologise for the inconvenience. Items must be new and with tags.
There are patients who have to remain in hospital over the Christmas period, and some have no family to visit them. By donating a gift, you can make someone’s Christmas extra special.
Christmas wish list:
- Teenagers gifts, e.g. toiletries, gift cards and Christmas munchies
- Magazines, colouring and puzzle books for adults and children
- Toiletry gift sets
- Mince pies, tins of biscuits, Christmas treats including gluten free and those suitable for diabetics for our outpatient and day clinics
- Wipeable plastic games for the children’s wards
- Personal hygiene sets, such as toothbrushes, toothpaste and wet wipes
- Tea and coffee for our Macmillan centre and memory cafes
- Craft kits for our children’s wards
- No soft toys please due to infection prevention
For 2016 we must receive all gifts (unwrapped) to the Southampton Hospital Charity offices during the week commencing 12 December. We are based in Southampton General Hospital just off the main retail area. If you let us know you are coming then we can come out with a trolley or cage to help offload the gifts – 023 8120 8881.
Presents must be unwrapped so that we know what the present is in terms of age, gender and theme e.g. Princess, dinosaurs, cars, etc. We have volunteers who help us to wrap the presents once they have been allocated to patients, so please do not worry about wrapping the presents.
Easter is a time to celebrate Spring in the knowhow that Summer and warmer weather is on its way. To spread cheer this Easter, why not buy a gift for someone in hospital.
Easter wish list:
- Easter eggs
- Diabetic chocolate, biscuits or a present we can give our diabetic patients
- Craft kits for our children’s wards, or grown up colouring books and pencils
- Tea, coffee, squash
We must receive all gifts to the Southampton Hospital Charity offices during the week leading up to Easter. If you let us know you are coming, we can arrange for some to be given out, however this cannot be guaranteed due to the nature of being a working hospital.
All donations can be dropped off to the charity offices. We are based in Southampton General Hospital just off the main retail area. If you let us know you are coming then we can come out with a trolley or cage to help offload the gifts – 023 8120 8881.
In 2016 we had over 5,000 Easter eggs donated to the charity which meant that we could give every patient an Easter egg, or Easter gift, plus some were shared by our staff on shift over Easter.